The Canadian Institute of Geomatics is the non-profit Canadian Association organization representing the interests of all groups in the community of geomatics and is the Canadian member of the International Federation of Surveyors (FIG), the International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (SIPT) and the International Cartographic Association (ACI).
Founded in 1882, the Canadian Institute of Geomatics has become a scientific and technical non-profit association dedicated to the advancement of geomatics in Canada.
The Association's objectives are :
- promote the development of Geomatics Canada;
- to showcase and demonstrate the & rsquo; utility geomatics;
- maintain a publication to trace the & rsquo; history, the development and progress of geomatics in Canada;
- foster the professional development of its members;
- d & rsquo; encourage collaboration between the Canadian geomatics organizations and to promote among them the & rsquo; unity of goals and & rsquo; activities;
- to represent and promote Canadian interests in geomatics internationally;
- to provide professional networking forum with d & rsquo; & rsquo exchanges, information, communications and publications.